Green BSc PgCert MSc PhD CEnv MIEMA FHEA
Senior Research Fellow
Tel.: +44 (0)1707 284588
joined AERU as a Research Fellow in March 2000, and has since worked on
a wide range of projects spanning environmental pollution and its
mitigation, soil carbon storage and climate change, managing environments for ecological recovery, the
international delivery of pesticide properties data, analysis of
agri-chemical and veterinary product properties, novel approaches to managing agricultural pollution, and broader sustainability issues.
areas of interest include:
resource use in a changing world.
best practice for rural businesses.
mitigation of environmental pollution.
- Climate change mitigation.
- Soil and water management.
- BSc in
Geography from Leeds University.
- MSc in
Environmental Water Management from Cranfield University.
- PhD in
Non-point Source Water Pollution from the University of Hertfordshire.
in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education.
also a Chartered Environmentalist (CEnv), a Full Member of the Institute of
Environmental Management and
Assessment (MIEMA), a Fellow of the Higher
Education Academy (FHEA) and a member of the UK Irrigation Association.
previously worked in the financial sector, Andy was employed at
Cranfield University, on the prestigious EU funded MEDALUS
(MEditerranean Desertification And Land USe) project; and has worked
collaboratively with the Environment Agency and Thames Water.
- Warner, D.J., Tzilivakis, J., Green, A., Charlton, D. & Lewis, K.A. (2019). Determining the climate change mitigation potential of Countryside Stewardship. World Journal of Agriculture and Soil Science Change, 1(2), Link
- Tzilivakis, J., Warner, D., Green, A. & Lewis, K. (2019). Spatial analysis of the benefits and burdens of Ecological Focus Areas for water-related ecosystem services vulnerable to climate change in Europe. Mitig. Adapt. Strateg. Glob. Change, 24(2): 205-233. DOI
- Lewis, K.A., Tzilivakis, J., Warner, D.J. & Green, A. (2018). Agri-environmental Management in Europe: Sustainable Challenges and Solutions - From Policy Interventions to Practical Farm Management.. 5m Publishing, Sheffield, UK. ISBN: 1912178443
- Green, A., Lewis, K.A., Tzilivakis, J. & Warner D.J. (2017). Agricultural climate change mitigation: carbon calculators as a guide for decision making. International Journal of Agricultural Sustainability, 15(6): 645-661. DOI
- Green, A., Tzilivakis, J., Warner, D. & Lewis, K. (2017). Problems of Benchmarking Greenhouse Gas Emissions in Dairy Agriculture. Benchmarking: An International Journal, 24(6): 1470-1489. DOI
Green's extended publications
Link to UH profile page