Green BSc PgCert MSc PhD CEnv MIEMA FHEA
Senior Research Fellow
Tel.: +44 (0)1707 284588
joined AERU as a Research Fellow in March 2000, and has since worked on
a wide range of projects spanning environmental pollution and its
mitigation, managing environments for ecological recovery, the
international delivery of pesticide properties data, analysis of
agri-chemical and veterinary product properties, novel approaches to managing agricultural pollution, and broader sustainability issues.
areas of interest include:
resource use in a changing world.
best practice for rural businesses.
mitigation of environmental pollution.
- BSc in
Geography from Leeds University.
- MSc in
Environmental Water Management from Cranfield University.
- PhD in
Non-point Source Water Pollution from the University of Hertfordshire.
in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education.
also a Chartered Environmentalist, a Full Member of the Institute of
Environmental Management and
Assessment (IEMA), a Fellow of the Higher
Education Academy (HEA) and a member of the UK Irrigation Association.
previously worked in the financial sector, Andy was employed at
Cranfield University, on the prestigious EU funded MEDALUS
(MEditerranean Desertification And Land USe) project; and worked
collaboratively with the Environment Agency and Thames Water.
- Tzilivakis, J., Warner, D., Green, A. & Lewis, K. (In press). Spatial analysis of the benefits and burdens of Ecological Focus Areas for water-related ecosystem services vulnerable to climate change in Europe. Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, DOI
- Lewis, K.A., Tzilivakis, J., Warner, D.J. & Green, A. (2018). Agri-environmental Management in Europe: Sustainable Challenges and Solutions - From Policy Interventions to Practical Farm Management.. 5m Publishing, Sheffield, UK. ISBN: 1912178443
- Green, A., Lewis, K.A., Tzilivakis, J. & Warner D.J. (2017). Agricultural climate change mitigation: carbon calculators as a guide for decision making. International Journal of Agricultural Sustainability. DOI
- Green, A., Tzilivakis, J., Warner, D. & Lewis, K. (2017). Problems of Benchmarking Greenhouse Gas Emissions in Dairy Agriculture. Benchmarking: An International Journal, 24(6): 1470-1489. DOI
- Tzilivakis, J., Warner, D.J., Green, A. & Lewis, K.A. (2017). Spatial and temporal variability of greenhouse gas emissions from rural development land use operations. Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, 22(3): 447-467. DOI.
Green's extended publications
Link to UH profile page